Thursday, September 13, 2012

DYSU #89 KRAFT AND TWINE

Hi Everyone!!

Welcome to another round at DYSU.






This week at DYSU we are working with kraft paper and twine. 

 For me, that's a perfect combination for shabby and vintage cards.  




Our great sponsor's for this week are:




* Winner's Choice of 3 Images


* $15 Store Credit





* Winner's Choice of 4 Images


My card this week is showcasing an image from Hope Jacare's 

Swirly Street digi stamp.  

Swirly street digi stamp by Hope jacare - cardmaking / Scrapbooking

I coloured the image using Photoshop and then printed it on a piece of canvas.  To print the canvas I used Heat and Bond Ultrahold  iron-on adhesive.  The backing was ironed to the fabric and then leaving the backing paper on I ran the fabric through my printer.  I purchased the Heat and Bond on on J&O Fabrics >>here<<.  This is also the same material I use to stabilize and cut fabric with my digital cutter machine.  

Here is my card:




And here are some more details:




Hope I have inspired you to go and play with us at DYSU. 
 Have a wonderful day!!!

6 comments:

Denise said...

Joan this is such a beautiful card and printing on the fabric is so clever. I love this card.
Hugs
Denise xx

JAY ROSA said...

Wow! Amiguita, te estas botando, quedó super espectacular y con todos esas técnicas te mereces 100 chocolates.

WencheP said...

So cool to use fabric for the image - would never have thought about that! It looks different and very cool!

Hugs,
Wenche

Patrice said...

Great card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/09/52-card-pickup-week-37.html

Frances said...

Muy linda tu tarjeta! Me gusto latecnica q usastes y Los colores Gracias por mostrarla, un abrazo,Frances

Ren-Yi said...

oh wow - what a great technique. i hope you will consider posting a tutorial! :)
your coloring is impeccable and the sentiment is so sweet...