Friday, February 25, 2011
PAPER TREY FEBRUARY BLOG HOP CHALLENGE
This month challenge is all about scallops. I love them!!
It's been a while since my last post so I decided to play along in the challenge. I loved this month release, I wanted everything!!... My package finally arrived yesterday with my new toys, this morning I opened all my stamp sets and used one of them in today's card.
Anyway, it's good to be back. Hopefully things at work will be reaching the normal levels again and I will have more time to play here.
OK, let's talk about today's card.
- I used little circle punches to make the top layer scallop.
- For the flower I used PT felt (I'm hooked with it) in Raspberry Fizz and cut it with the Beautiful Blooms II die collection. These flowers are little scallops circles so I guess they count too for the challenge. I cut the leave with PT felt too in Simply Chartreuse.
-I stitched the green panel with brown, yellow and pink floss. I'm not sure if I really like how it turns out but It looks interesting and adds a lot of texture to the card.
- For the sentiment I used a banner from the Banner Builder set and the sentiment is from Blooming Buttons Bit.
-The Buttons in the sentiment and flower where cut in chipboard and yellow cs using the Buttoned Up #2 die and stamped with the matching stamps from the Button Boutique set.
- The rhinestones are from my stash. They are clear rhinestones which I colored with a Copic in a matching color.
- Finally, I got the color combo from the Paper Crafts special edition Color Inspiration. This edition has become one of my favorite tools at my working table. I used SU cardstock and ink in matching colors. I don't have the exact name of the colors I used, but if you need them leave me a comment and I will let you know.
Here is the card, hope you like it. I had a really good time making it.
Have a great weekend!!