Sunday, April 7, 2013

A FAUX WOOD GAZEBO

 

Hello blogger friends!!  Hope you are having a good Sunday.  I am having a relaxing day after a great Saturday filled with friends and new crafty things.  I am learning a little about the art of needle felting.  It's quite relaxing although you need to stretch your hands and arms after a while LOL!!  Soon I will be posting a new project featuring something made with this new art I am learning.

For today I have to share a cute gazebo I finished this past week.  The file is from A Little Hut.  It reminds me of the gazebo at my parent's home and it brings a lot of good memories about my dad and all the good and cherished times we spent with him there.  

I cut the gazebo in Kraft paper and spent a lot of time stamping a wood grain pattern, then running all the pieces through the Big Shot to emboss a wood grain texture and then sponging each piece a lot with Walnut Stain distress Ink.  I have to tell you all this process took more time that to actually assemble the gazebo but it was worth every minute ;). It main seem difficult to put it all together but it's not.

Here is the work in progress:




After I assempled the piece, I noticed that the columns were a little fragile.  To correct this I stained a bamboo skewer with walnut stain ink and created some columns to reinforce the structure.  I love the look they gave to the gazebo interior and this idea worked perfectly.  The gazebo is very sturdy and it will survive for a long time as part of my home decoration.


After it was finished I decided it needed some grass and flowers, you know how I love colors!!  So I used two of the freebies A Little Hut shared recently with us.  They can be found now under the single images section.    I had to purchase the bike since I missed a lot of the freebies, but it was worth it.  


I love how the ceiling looks, don't you think it looks like real wood?


And finally, here is my gazebo in all of his glory:

Front:


Back:


Interior:



Hope you liked it and get motivated to make one ;)  I had a great time making it and will definitively will be making more, I have a few gifts to make ;)

This is all for today, but here is a sneak peek of what I am currently working

Thanks for the visit and see you soon!!!





11 comments:

patricia zapata said...

I love how your gazebo turned out Joan. It's really beautiful! I also like your addition of the wooden dowels to make it sturdier - great idea. The extra touches really make it stand out even more. Great job! :)

Scrapper Myra said...

Love it!... Absolutely gorgeous. I feel I could have a party in that gazebo. LOL... It is rich in details and it feels it was fun to do it. Congratulations! It came out beautiful! :)

Silvia said...

ohhh!!! me quede sin palabras... que belleza

Laura Figueroa Colon said...

Que cosa mas espectacular!!! Quiero uno asi en mi patio. Te botaste.

Sandy McC said...

That is ADORABLE! I'm so impressed with the detailed work you put into it.

Susan said...

Exquisite!

Sonia said...

Joan que hermosura, te felicito! Mira pero para donde te fuiste, dejaste la bicicleta y te fuiste a pie ji ji!
Ya te imagino trabajando en tus proyectos.
-Sony

Sonia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JAY ROSA said...

Ves lo que te dije? Eres una mostra! Espectacular!

1CardCreator said...

Wow this is stunning! ~Diane

Lore Harris Olmedo said...

Wooooooooow amiga!!! Soy tu faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!! Hermosuraaaa