Thursday, August 30, 2012

DYSU #87 BACK TO SCHOOL




Hello everyone!

I remember that as a child I used to hate so much the back to school period, all that fuzziness just gave me the creeps.  It marked the end of a free life of playing all day and watch TV and the beginning of torture.  I was a very hyperactive girl and having to sit all day in a classroom was my version of hell in earth.  If only I knew those were the best days of my life ;)  Anyway, such a strong feeling cannot be lived without leaving it's mark, so I feel very sympathetic with any child that gets the blues when the back to school is around the corner.  My older siblings were all about their cool new stuff for the school and I just wanted to chew up my books and disappear from the face of the earth.  Trust me my mood was not very easy to deal with those first days of school LOL!!  I remember that my parent's used to give me some really nice gifts to try to dissipate that feeling.  I still feel sorry for them, I really made their lives miserable during those times. 

Anyway, back to why we are here ;)  This week we want to see back to school projects.  Maybe a card, box or a lay-out... you decided!!




This week Sponsors are:



Can You Digi It
* $10 Gift Certificate


My Heart Pieces
* Winner's Choice of 3 Digis




Melonheadz Illustrating
* $15 Gift Certificate


For this week project I used an SVG file from SVG Cuts to make this adorable set.  As we read, this set is in the hands of the daughter of a co-worker and it served to brighten up her back to school morning.



Here are some close ups:




I hope you have a great day and if you decide to play with us, why not share a nice story of how you felt as a child during the back to school period?

Hugs!!


11 comments:

Denise said...

Wow!!! This set is amazing Joan - I bet the little girl who received it was over the moon with it. Totally gorgeous.
Hugs
Denise xx

Nilsa said...

nice! love that set!!

Sonia said...

Maravilloso tu trabajo Joan. El LAPIZ grande me recuerda uno que tenia para guardar mis LAPICES (eso fue hace tiempito je je! cuando era mas pequeña)
-Sony
sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

Myrna Marcano said...

Esncantador trabajo ! Me gusta todo lo que tenga que ver con la escuela, es motivador.

Gracias por compartir tu arte.
Abrazos, Myrna

WencheP said...

This is just so cool. Love your creations!

Hugs,
Wenche

Helen Berry said...

Totally brilliant Joan! What a great set - the little girl who received these will absolutely love them I'm sure!

JAY ROSA said...

Wow! Pero que maravilla! Que muchas cosas estas haciendo amiguis.

Pauline said...

This is such a wonderful Back to school set Joan, absolutely jaw dropping!! I love the fun pencil, and apple shaped card, the die cut numbers, fun papers and embellishments! What a wonderful gift set for a child!

Vicky said...

Amazing projects Joan! Love every little detail!! I was feeling the same as you when it was that season... and guess what? Now that I am a teacher... I still do!!! LOL!

Ren-Yi said...

hi Joan - this is spectacular! The box is amazing and the card is so befitting. i love how the pencil is a box as well as a wonderful embellishment / focal point for your card! Just loving it.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful bright happy set