Thursday, August 2, 2012

DYSU#83 POLKA DOTS




Hey Blogger Friends!!


Welcome to a new week of fun.  Last week we had a lot of great entries.  We bet this week we will have a lot of great creations too because we have an all time favorite theme... POLKA DOTS!! They are use in fashion, decorating, publishing... just look around and you will find a world of inspiration.
We can't wait to see what you come up with so let's get started.





For this week we have two fabulous sponsors.




Broken Box Stock
* A "Toodle Club Membership" and a free Toodle Birthday Calendar.  Total prize package is a $29 value.





Stamp & Create
* $25 Gift Certificate

For my card I used polka dots in different ways.  I used design paper, stamping and die cutting.  I added some circles to a digital butterfly and cut it with my digital cutter two times.  One with the polka dots and one in a contract color without the polka.  Then I stamped some polka dots to the white piece.
Here is a close up of my butterfly:

Sorry about the picture, the light here today it's not very good and these are the best images I could get.

I am very proud that my flower was cut in canvas using my digital cutter.  Yes!!  Finally I am cutting my digital files in fabric!!!  It took me a while to figure out how but I got there finally  ;)  
I added some color to the canvas with my Copics.


Here is a full view of my card:


Hope you get motivated to stack up with us this week!!!

Hugs,




7 comments:

WencheP said...

I love it! The colours are fabulous and the butterfly is so pretty.

Hugs,
Wenche

Denise said...

Joan your card is sooooo pretty. Love all the different polka dots and that butterfly and flower are amazing.
Hugs
Denise xx

Sonia said...

Joan tu tarjeta esta bella y esta mariposa me encanto con el detalle de la flor. Te felicito! Gracias por tu inspiración.
-Sony

Pauline said...

This is just gorgeous Joan! Love the different strips of patterned paper, simply gorgeous!

Unknown said...

love all those papers and colours

Scrapper Myra said...

Polka dots are so fun... TFS your creation, which is spectacular, dear master. :)

Ren-Yi said...

Oh, Joan, how sweet is this! i love how you used polka dots all over the card - to add fun & interesting visual texture!