Saturday, October 13, 2012

JUKEBOX / VELLONERA



Hi friends!!

Happy Saturday!  I am so glad the weekend is here.  It means I will have a lot of time to do the things I love to do.  
I am sharing today a shaped card from the set Rocking and Rolling from SVG Cuts.  


It's funny that I was chatting with some friends telling them I was making a jukebox.  And one of them told me it was a "vellonera" which is the name we use for these machines in Puerto Rico.  She was teasing me that I didn't knew the correct term for the machine LOL!!!  Well, the thing is that no matter how we call it, the file is cute without a doubt.  I do missed using rhinestones and ribbon on this one.  Had to remind myself constantly that this was a masculine card so I needed to keep embellishments to a minimum.  Hmm, maybe I'll make a girly set with the box and the card decorated for Christmas....  



For the card, I did some embossing.  
The base was embossed with a polka dot stamp and clear embossing powder.  
For the green and yellow panels I used embossing folders and the Big Shot.




To complement the card, I used the stamps set Perpetual Bliss from Paper Smooches.  I was lucky enough to have that set which has images that complemented this card perfectly.  

The envelope was decorated using more images from the stamp set.


Today I plan to go out with a friend and have a nice time with her.  Then back here hopefully to clean this studio so I can start having some fun in it tomorrow.

Hope you have a great day!!!

Hugs,

4 comments:

Analia Cristina said...

Qué trabajo tan bonito y super colorido,es una alegria mirarlo!

Unknown said...

WOW!!! This is awesome! Your creativity never fails to amaze me...love this!

Vicky said...

Wow!!! Amazing card!!!!

JAY ROSA said...

Wow, Joan te estas botando. Quedó espectacular!