Today we celebrate the action of giving thanks to God and to all the people that surrounds us and makes life better. We are getting near the end of this year in which I have seen sorrow but also happiness. There are a few things I want to give thanks to God.
I want to give thanks for.....
- The father he gave me. I lost my beloved father at the beginning of 2012. That was something very unexpected to me and my heart still aches for that. But today I don't want to be sad for loosing him, I want to celebrate his life and the fact that he was a loving father and husband. Always there to protect and provide.
- For my husband Miguel. This year we celebrated our 12th anniversary. I am blessed to have a husband that accepts my many moods and bear with them like a pro ;)
- For having a wonderful mother. She is one of my greatest inspirations.
- For my Aunt Sofy, my life is enriched by her great spirit.
- For my siblings who are my favorite people to sit down and really laugh about life's ups and downs.
- For my extended family because they love us and are by our side day by day.
- For all my friends that many times has helped me overcome the burdens of life. Specially Brenda and María Elena that has been by my side at my worst moments caring and helping unconditionally.
- Last, for my hobby because is in here that I pour out my heart and cried, laugh and sometimes just be mad. But this is my special place in the world... my safe heaven from all the stress of everyday life. And I am thankful for the blessing of having such a great corner just for myself.
Today we are going to sit and eat a poor turkey :( and celebrate all those wonderful things that makes life special.
And for our table I prepared this cute set that consists of a paper lantern and a paper pumpkin which will be filled with chocolate kisses.
Here are a few details for this cuties:
These are the lanterns with the lead candles turned on:
Another take of the sets:
I love how they look. Can't wait to set them on the table. They really make my heart smile.
I hope you have a great day filled with laugh, love and great company.